Fri, 25 Sep 2009
TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta: The government's plan to hike electricity tariffs next year has drew more response from industries, with the latest came on Thursday from the Indonesian Ceramic Industry Association.

Head of the association, Ahmad Wijaya said the industry have not expect for any rise and demanded the government to postpone the plan.

The association said electricity accounts for 20 percent of total energy use in ceramic inductry, while the remaining 80 percent was powered by gas. “We dont expect for any rise, as there will not be much favourable conditions for the economy next year.”

The association said the cost of higher tariff could not be simply shifted to consumers as the market was still at low swing.

However Ahmad said that should any raise be imposed, the extent will hopefully be set around 10 percent, “Beyond that, it will become a burden for industry.”

VENNIE MELYANI



News Search/Filter
Transaction Rates
23 Aug 17
Buy
Sell
AUD1
10,933.80
10,136.19
BND1
10,164.49
9,426.70
BTC1
56,059,547
56,059,547
CAD1
11,007.55
10,209.08
CHF1
14,292.20
13,258.31
CNH1
2,077.57
1,926.90
DKK1
2,188.91
2,030.52
EUR1
16,279.58
15,102.19
GBP1
17,748.21
16,463.44
HKD1
1,768.65
1,640.86
JPY100
12,629.56
11,711.81
LAK1
1.67
1.55
NOK1
1,750.05
1,622.67
NZD1
10,032.68
9,302.74
PGK1
4,477.89
3,942.49
SEK1
1,709.23
1,584.83
SGD1
10,164.49
9,426.70
THB1
416.43
386.23
USD1
13,842.00
12,842.00
VND1
0.61
0.57
Taxation Exchange Rates
31 Aug 16 - 06 Sep 16
USD 1
13,232.00
AUD 1
10,043.30
CAD 1
10,213.70
DKK 1
1,999.40
HKD 1
1,706.22
MYR 1
3,283.28
NZD 1
9,623.63
NOK 1
1,605.23
GBP 1
17,433.70
SGD 1
9,757.68
SEK 1
1,569.45
CHF 1
13,631.10
JPY 100
13,101.00
MMK 1
11.01
INR 1
197.29
KWD 1
43,920.70
PKR 1
126.23
PHP 1
285.00
SAR 1
3,528.53
LKR 1
91.12
THB 1
382.08
BND 1
9,756.53
EUR 1
14,885.50
CNY 1
1,987.61

Okusi Associates: Indonesian Business & Management Services